Skip to main content

Hello!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Calvin Price and I have the honor to serve as the head chair for BMUN’s Special Political and Decolonization committee this year—I’m really looking to working with you all this year!

A little bit about myself: I’m a sophomore studying economics, computer science, and Chinese.  I’m originally from Los Angeles, but I’ve moved around quite a bit and have lived all over the world (the picture of me and the monkey is from Bali, Indonesia). I’ve been involved with Model UN since I was 10, attending conferences all over the world, running conferences, and training delegates. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and I hope it affords a similar experience to you.

Outside of Model UN, I’m also involved in social impact consulting, cryptocurrency development, and love to read and exercise.


My email is cprice@bmun.org; if you have any questions about Model UN, this committee, or really anything, don’t hesitate to reach out. And, if you'd like to, comment below to introduce yourself!


Comments

  1. Hi! My name is Brynn Kan and I'm representing the United States of America for BMUN LXVI. I'm a junior at California High School in San Ramon, and I have three older sisters. I like meditation, writing, and reading. I joined MUN at the end of my sophomore year, and since then I've had so much fun meeting delegates from all around the world.

    I'm really looking forward to committee and diving into the intricacy of this issue. I love history and learning about the complex dynamics that have taken place throughout time. This is why this committee is going to be so much fun, since the core of this issue is a direct consequence of historical events.

    I can't wait to meet you-as well as the other chairs-and remember, stay hydrated!

    Sincerely,

    The Delegation of the United States

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Conan Maron and I am one of the representatives for USA in BMUN. I look forward to participating in SPECPOL and debating about simple issues like stabilizing the entire middle east. I am salivating the opportunity to represent a nation who has a leader with clearly and rationally thought out views toward our fellow Muslim brothers. Outside of slowly dying under the weight of 5 Ap classes in school, I currently heavily invest in L's in order to cash in on all the W's later in life. I am currently a junior at California High School with a terribly mediocre GPA for being asian (4.0) and I have already started to plan the colleges which I will have to throw hail Mary applications at. I can't wait to have sensible debates with my fellow power delegates in committee.

    Let's make the middle east great again

    The United States of America

    *also, apparently we have some second topic about protection of indigenous minorities??????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To balance western medicine and indigenous health services / The barriers to access health care

According the United Nations Inter-Agency Support Group on Indigenous Peoples’ Issues, indigenous communities, on a global scale, have fewer access to quality health services, giving way to higher mortality rates, higher rates of communicable diseases, and poorer nutrition. In fact, in Latin America, infant mortality rates are a staggering 60 percent greater in indigenous communities than non-indigenous ones. And on page eight and nine of the article, the IASG brings to attention to the need for the balance between western health services and traditional indigenous health practices. And in fact, according to the article, the World Health Organization, in its resolution CD47.R18, urges states to combine western health practices to that of traditional ones by incorporating indigenous people in the different stages of health services. To find a right balance between western practices and medicine and traditional indigenous services is important in that it addresses a fundamental barrier ...

Update on the Case Study of Australia’s Indigenous Population

Hello! Hope you guys are working hard on the position papers! Can’t wait to read over some of them. Today, we are going to further look into the case study of the aboriginals population in Australia. The article listed above lays out beautifully the “social gap” between the indigenous and Australian population. And the results are striking. Let’s take a look at these statistics with the lense of health, poverty, and education in to consideration (*look at the topic synopsis if confused). Poverty: We can consider poverty rates first, and what do we see? Compared to the 5.8% unemployment rate of the Australian population, that of the indigenous population quadruples at 20.8%. Education: Students attending school 90% of the time for the Australian population is 79.3%, while for the indigenous population it is 49%. Additionally, compared to the Australian population where 80% of the students have finished year 12, only 61% of students of indigenous backgrounds have done the same....